While GPS Vehicle Tracking System has been around for decades with numerous benefits, most people have a lot of myths or delusions about them. This prevents them from implementing the technology for their taxi / cabs fleet. Below given are some of the common delusions about GPS tracking systems.
About Vehicle Tracking GPS System
All drivers of taxi or cabs will quit if GPS Taxi/cabs Tracking System is implemented.
The system makes the job a very easier for vehicle motorists. Actuality it gives them additional safety too. If client has failed to get into the cabs or find at the designated stop, the information gets reported to the concerned authorities and call center. The GPS vehicle tracking system helps to provide roadside assistance. It also reduces the amount of paper work they are required to submit.
As you can see GPS vehicle tracking systems can be a quite indispensable tool to any fleet owner or manager who wish to make their fleet operating business more efficient and competitive. The cost-saving ability of vehicle monitoring with GPS systems has recently be proved with a Location and Service Fleet Management survey published by Aberdeen Group which reported that location aid services, such as GPS systems. Visit [https://www.letstrak.com] for more information about GPS vehicle tracking systems from fleet management system.
Children tracking system devices have become increasingly popular over the past few years. Why? That is so because a GPS tracker keeps worried parents informed about the whereabouts of their kids. It makes life increasingly stress-free
for them. Now with the trend in India also changing with both parents working out of the house and children travelling on their own – school or otherwise – it has been noticed that there is an increase in demand for GPS Tracker device in India.
However before you settle on the type of device that you would like your child to have, take a note of the below pointers –
- Age of your child – There are many types of devices that your choose from depending on the age of the child. For young kids below the age of 6, a kids’ tracking bracelet is the best option. For little older ones or young teenagers – a GPS watch would be ideal. Also for the responsible children above 12 years of age who are able to handle and take care of their belongings, a portable GPS tracker would be an apt choice.
- Battery Life – Don’t invest your money in a child tracking system with a multitude of features. The prime reason being, a device with multiple features would exhaust the battery life soon. Keep in mind the pivotal function of the device should be able to precisely track the whereabouts of your kids. And if the device does just that, there should be no looking beyond.
- Variance of information retrieval – It is up to you to decide whether you wish for a device that gives you information only in real time or whether you are looking for a device that lets you save the history data too.
- Accuracy – Do not blindly invest your money on any tracking device. Read the reviews and instructions carefully. Buy a device that has the review of accuracy.
- SOS Button – The GPS tracking device that you would be buying for your child should have an SOS button. It allows your child to reach you in a jiffy. This way you remain relaxed too.
- Check the Rates of monthly fees – Any GPS tracker device in India requires you to pay a monthly fee. Whether it is GPS watches or portables, there is a monthly service fee. Check the rates to ensure that you are paying a nominal fee and are not being overcharged.
- Compatibility – The GPS tracking device that you buy for your child should be compatible with your smartphone system – iOS, Android or Windows.
- Buy devices that send alerts – An ideal GPS tracking device would send alerts to a preset mobile number when the child leaves or enters certain specified zones.
- Extra Features – Check out some extra features if available with your device – MP3-player, medical alert, heart rate system alert, pedometer, etc.
The above 9 features would be sufficient to serve as guidelines when you choose a GPS tracking device for children. Go ahead and make a right choice!
- The vehicle tracking system manages the efficiency of the fleet and helps in reducing the operational costs. It reduces the unnecessary fuel and maintenance costs by monitoring the driver behavior.
- It reduces the driving time of the fleet by optimizing the driving routes and eliminates the misuse of the routes.
- The system allows the business owners and the drivers to focus on first class customer services to their destinations.
- It helps to maintain the whereabouts of the vehicle and helps the owners to monitor the activity of the drivers throughout the day. By maintaining the record, the workers productivity can be increased by exposing the unnecessary breaks.
- It also gives the business owners to monitor the assets and provides the customers with the exact delivery time.
- The accurate data of the system helps greatly in managing the profit and loss analysis to improve the budget preparation.
- The improved monitoring system enhances the safety and security of the personnel by providing the two-way communication.
- By having the whereabouts data of the employees, the business owners can have the control over their company.
- The better route planning and the proper schedules will help you to provide better service and enables you to save money.
Whether you have been dealing with a quickly-evaporating budget or simply want to think ahead, saving money with regular business practices can be difficult. One thing you should consider when you start this endeavor is what modern technology will be useful. In this case, GPS tracking devices can actually be a great help. Here are some ways to use GPS trackers to help save your business money.
Save Money on Fuel for Fleet Vehicles
When you have a business with fleet vehicles that are used daily, one of your biggest expenses is fuel. GPS tracking system can help you reduce your fuel consumption in a number of different ways. One way is by using the tracking devices while you delivery drivers are working and to re-route them as needed. The re-routing is based on changes in their schedule, and gives them the fastest or shortest route. This can help to avoid unnecessary driving as the GPS tracking device can provide you with the best route.
GPS tracking devices can also help when you track individual vehicles or divers. You might notice that a certain vehicle is using up too much fuel, much more than your other vehicles, so you need to address that problem. There could also be a driver that uses the most fuel, perhaps due to high speeds or too much time sitting in idle when it isn’t necessary.
Improve Productivity by Workers
GPS trackers will also help you reduce your overall costs by improving productivity of your workers. With the re-routing function, you are not only helping to avoid unnecessary driving to reduce the fuel costs, but it helps drivers get the most done within a certain period of time. If one of your drivers has a last-minute delivery or pickup to get taken care of, you can easily program the new address into the GPS tracker to find the optimal route.
Get Regular Maintenance for Your Fleet
You might also be spending more money on getting your fleet vehicles repaired due to procrastination of (or lack of)maintenance. If you are having a hard time keeping up with your vehicle’s maintenance tasks, consider using your GPS tracking technology to help you. You can set up alerts for different tasks, such as bringing the vehicles in for a tune-up and oil change or having the tires inspected. By doing regular maintenance with these alerts, you can avoid more serious repairs later on.
Have Error-Proof Billing Practices
If you are still using the old style of payroll where your drivers list their hours driven manually, it is time to upgrade. GPS tracking of your employees and fleet vehicles can give you more accurate information. Have a separate tracker for every vehicle, and it will tell you exactly how long the truck was driving for business operations, how long it was parked, and how long it was idle. This can help when comparing log sheets to how long the vehicles were actually operating for work purposes.
The tour bus season is approaching, and if you own or operate a tour bus companies, you know you have a lot going on at any given time during the day. While most people in your position understand that GPS fleet tracking can help some people save money on fuel, when you have a set route that does not accommodate deviations, it may not really be feasible for you to make changes.
But, GPS fleet tracking provides so many more benefits than simple fuel conservation that will benefit tour bus companies greatly. Check out a few of them below.
Let’s You Know Where Your Busses are at All Times
Chances are good that you have multiple buses out running tours in different parts of your city and running the same tours at different times of the day. It can be quite harrowing to keep up with all your buses throughout the day. And it is something you need to know to make sure your drivers are where they’re supposed to be.
Keeps You on Top of Maintenance Needs
Poorly maintained buses are more likely to breakdown or become involved in accidents. Aside from that, they will need more frequent repairs and replacement – increasing the overall costs of each vehicle your tour bus company operates.
GPS fleet tracking notifies you of the maintenance needs of vehicles to help keep your business running on all cylinders. Not only does this make economic sense, but it also reduces the likelihood of injuries and accidents related to poor maintenance which improves the safety record of your tour bus business.
Keep Up With Driver Behavior
Your drivers are what the public sees of your tour bus business. If they are driving aggressively, speeding, driving erratically, or otherwise endangering the lives of their passengers and others on the road, you need to know about it.
With GPS fleet tracking systems you can set up alerts to signal you through text or email when drivers are driving in any manner you select. This helps keep you up to date with what’s going on with your drivers to identify potential problems that need to be addresses.
GPS monitoring also allows you to check to ensure that drivers are making all the necessary stops on their routes as well – and at the right time so that tour guests aren’t missed when they arrive on time to the pickup locations.
The bottom line is that tour bus companies, like yours, stand to gain a lot from GPS tracking devices– much more than you see on the surface.